UDomain Web Hosting Company Limited ("we" or the "Company") respect the privacy rights of visitors to this website and of customers who use the Company's services, including but not limited to Web Hosting, Server Hosting, Email Hosting, Online Shop, Website Design, Domain Names Registration & Domain Names related service/products and other telecommunications and Internet services and IT services provided from time to time (collectively referred to as "Services"). We endeavour to ensure that all our collection, transmission, storage and usage of personal data and personal information shall be carried out in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as amended from time to time ("PDPO"). We also endeavour to ensure that all our collection, transmission, storage and usage of personal data shall be carried out in compliance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
This statement does not apply to the Company’s services offered by or through our partners, resellers or other third parties, or other third party services or websites, and we encourage you to read the privacy policies of those parties.
We will inform you about what data is collected, how we use such data, where data is processed, how you may opt out of your data being used, the security provisions around storing your data and how to correct or update your data.
- Collection of Personal Information If you are a user of the Services ("Customer"), personal data is collected from you to enable the Company to provide the Services to you. You may decline to provide the Company with the requested personal data, but in such case the Company may not be able to provide the Services to you. If you are a visitor to this website, other than a Customer, you need not supply any personal data to access this website. However, personal data may be collected from you if you request the us for catalogues, other promotional brochures or materials or to provide you update on any of the Services, including extension of service coverage or plan(s) offered.
- Types of Personal Information Collected Types of personal data collected by the Company may include:
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, email address(es), service phone number(s) for the Services subscribed and phone number(s) and address(es) made known to us
- Your business information such as company name and business title.
- Your billing and credit card information such as name of cardholder, card number and expiry date; and
- Your organizational details.
- Your account details, including account numbers, or user accounts.
- Your IP address, browser type, access times, and referring website addresses.
- Any other information you provided through online chats, telephone calls, email exchanges with us.
- Data Controller and Processor In order to communicate with you and to provide our products and services and related support, it is necessary for us to process your personal data. In such case, we are the data controller for the information we collected from you. All questions or requests regarding the processing of data may be addressed to our data protection officer to 18/F, Kinox Centre, 9 Hung To Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon Hong Kong, or email to: email@example.com.
- Use of Personal Information Personal data collected from you may be used by us solely for the following purposes:
- To provide Our services Your information is used to process your application and to provide our products and services and order processing, to conduct business transactions such as billing and to handle your complaints and enquires. It is also used to conduct identity verification and/or credit checks at the time of your application.
- To improve Our service Your information helps us more effectively respond to your pre/post sales requests and provide technical support as well as improving the design of our services. Your information also enables us to conduct market research and improving our customer service.
- To send renewal notices The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you renewal notices for your expiring product subscriptions.
- To send periodic emails In addition, we may send you periodic company newsletters, new offers, new service updates, security updates, related product or service information, and status updates on maintenance windows or service availability.
- To tell you about our products and services We may send you information about our products and services and products and services of our business partners that may be of interest to you based on your use of our other products and services, your attendance at our sponsored marketing events such as seminars, your requests for information about similar products and services, or your sharing of data with social media sites such as LinkedIn or Facebook. Your information also allows us to deliver customized content and advertising and to determine the effectiveness of said measures.
- Processing of Data and Consent We will process your data for the purpose of performance of our contract with you or the legitimate interest of our business. In other cases, we will request your consent for the processing of the personal data you may submit.
- Use of application logs for diagnostics or to gather statistical information Our servers automatically record information ("Application Log Data") created by your use of our services. Application Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. We use this information to diagnose and improve our services. Except as stated in section 7 (Data Retention), we will either delete the Application Log Data or remove any account identifiers, such as your username, full IP address, or email address, after 12 months.
- Sharing of Information and Transfers of Data We do not sell or trade your personal information to outside parties.
We collect information from you when you (1) request for quotation or place an order for a our product or other product or service, (2) apply for access to our managed service platforms, (3) subscribe to our newsletter, (4) use our online chat service, (5) register for marketing event, (6) respond to a survey, (7) fill out a form for pre/post sales assistance, (8) open a support ticket, (9) contact us on social media, or (10) contact us by telephone calls.
Certain information about your computer hardware and software may also be automatically collected through analytical tools when you are browsing our website. This information can include your IP address, browser type, access times, and referring website addresses.
Our Services are available for purchase only for those over the age of 18. Our Services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us at (852) 2554 7545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may develop and acquire additional information about you using third‐party sources, browsing, and purchasing history, and so on in order to process certificate requests and to improve our services.
We treat personal information as confidential, except for the information included in an issued digital certificate. Such information may be verified using third party commercial and government resources, and as such, is deemed to be public information.
Your refusal to provide personal data to us for certain products and services may hinder us from fulfilling your order for those products or services. Also, if you deny or withdraw your consent to use personal data or opt out of receiving information about our products and services this may result in you not being made aware of sales promotions, renewal notices, periodic company newsletters, new service updates, security updates, related product or service information, and status updates on maintenance windows or service availability.
All personal data collected and held by us will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for us to (a) comply with any statutory or legal obligations or requirements, or (b) provide the Services to you, or (c) carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose specified above, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, Office of the Communications Authority or other governmental, statutory or regulatory authorities, institutions or organizations;
- Company's associated company(ies), engaging in telecommunications and IT services for provision of the Services (or any part thereof); and
- Banks, financial institutions, credit card issuing companies, debt collection agencies, telecommunications service operators and other service providers involved in the sale, administration or provision of the Services (or any part thereof)
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or protect our rights, property, or safety.
It is our policy to notify customers of requests for their data from law enforcement unless we are prohibited from doing so by statute or court order. Law enforcement officials who believe that notification would jeopardize an investigation should obtain an appropriate court order or other process that specifically precludes member notification.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who may take over the operation of our site or who may purchase any or all of our assets, including your personal information. We will contact you using the details you provide if there is any change in the person controlling your information.
Even if you request deletion or erasure of your data, we may retain your personal data to the extent necessary and for so long as necessary for our legitimate business interests or performance of contractual obligations.
After the retention period is over, we will securely dispose or anonymizes your personal information in order to prevent loss, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access.
- Our products and Services;
- Events that are organized by us or we participate in; and
- the products and services of our business partners
If you wish to opt-out from receiving any direct marketing material or information from us, you may write or send an email to our Customer Service Department at 18 th Floor, Kinox Centre, 9 Hung To Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon. or email@example.com. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to so use your personal data without charge to you.
If we are processing your personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at one of the addresses shown in section 14 below.
- enable tighter security
- maintain continuity during a user session
- gather data about the usage of our website for research and other purposes
- store your preferences for certain kinds of information and marketing offers
- personalize sites and online experience for Customers
- build online Customer or visitor profiles
You have the right to access and modify your personal data stored our customer portal. You can request to access or modify your personal information by contacting us in writing. We will require you to provide identification in order to verify the authenticity as the data subject. We will make reasonable effort to respond to and process your request in a timely manner. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request as permitted by the PDPO.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future services.
However, no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control. Information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party, despite best efforts.
After a transaction, your transaction‐related information will be kept on file to meet audit requirements and facilitate renewals. We do not retain any credit card details. We use a reputable third party to process credit card payments and needs to provide credit card numbers and identifying financial data directly to the third party credit card processor. Such information is shared securely.
- Hong Kong: Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486)
- Mainland China: Personal Information Protection Law
- European Union: General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
- You have the right to review your personal data that we hold and check it for accuracy.
- You have the right to correct data in the case that errors may be found in our records.
- You have the right to request that any of your personal data be erased. i.e. right to be forgotten.
- You have the right to obtain, and reuse use your personal data for your own purposes.
- You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Data Protection Officer
UDomain Web Hosting Company Limited
18/F, Kinox Centre,
9 Hung To Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon,